Mental Health Facility in Alabama - Outpatient Services
Capitol Care South is certified by the State of Alabama Department of Mental Health.
Our Mission:To inspire, support, and treat people who suffer from Mental Illness and their families to pursue ongoing personal growth and positive lifestyle changes.
Our Goal:• To provide quality mental health treatment services to our clients and their families
• To utilize the best evidence based treatment methods
• To assure that both the client and the family receive services
• To provide individualized services that reflect specific client needs
Our Program:Program participation hours are dependent on the level of care recommended for treatment.
Who would benefit from the program?Our model is designed for the adult client who is in need of psychiatric treatment. Clients who are experiencing co-occurring disorders can effectively make use of this program, but may need additional substance abuse services. Capitol Care South serves communities in the Birmingham, AL area and is one of the few Mental Health Facilities in Alabama.
Therapeutic Services:The primary components may include:
• Initial Assessment and Evaluation
• Individualized Treatment Planning
• Individual, Group, and Family Therapy
• Consumer Education
• Basic Living Skills Training
• Medication Monitoring
Case ManagementCapitol Care South, a Community Mental Health Center in Alabama, provides case management services to assist individuals with improving and maintaining functioning and quality of life. Individual’s service needs will be evaluated and assessed, and include:
• Referral and access to providers
• Consumer advocacy
• Crisis intervention
• Transportation assistance
• Monitoring of progress
• Link to community resources
Treatment team:The clinical team is made up of Licensed Professionals including the Clinical Director, Program Coordinator of Outpatient Services, Case Manager and other agencies involved in the individual’s treatment.
For more information, please call us at (205) 956 – 2000.